uk.rec.cars.modifications (Car Modifications) (uk.rec.cars.modifications)

Carbon Fibre.

Old December 10th 07, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
[email protected]

Default Carbon Fibre.

Anyone know much about it?

No particular reason, I'm just curious (for the moment). I've arsed
around with glass fibre, I was wondering if any of you knew if you had
to use any particular epoxy resin, or would the stuff for glass fibre
be usable?

Whilst I'm at it, do any of you know of any easily available (in small
(DIY?) amounts) of thin / runny 2 part epoxy?

Cheers (again).
Old December 10th 07, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
PCPaul

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:52:35 -0800, conkersack wrote:

Anyone know much about it?

No particular reason, I'm just curious (for the moment). I've arsed
around with glass fibre, I was wondering if any of you knew if you had
to use any particular epoxy resin, or would the stuff for glass fibre be
usable?

Whilst I'm at it, do any of you know of any easily available (in small
(DIY?) amounts) of thin / runny 2 part epoxy?

Dunno, and No.

But...

There's a man after your own heart he

http://www.mci.i12.com/carbon/

Old December 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
[email protected]

On 10 Dec, 20:13, PCPaul wrote:

There's a man after your own heart he

http://www.mci.i12.com/carbon/

Cheers man.
Old December 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
[email protected]

On 10 Dec, 21:27, Timo Geusch
wrote:
writes:
Anyone know much about it?

No particular reason, I'm just curious (for the moment). I've arsed
around with glass fibre, I was wondering if any of you knew if you had
to use any particular epoxy resin, or would the stuff for glass fibre
be usable?

AFAIK the stuff used for fibreglassing is OK-ish but you really want the
special resin that you normally use for wet CD.

However for the proper results you may want to use pre-impregnated CF,
which unfortunately means arsing about with with autoclaves etc...

Whilst I'm at it, do any of you know of any easily available (in small
(DIY?) amounts) of thin / runny 2 part epoxy?

I've bought stuff from CFS (http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/) before, they may
be able to help out.

Thanks dude.