uk.rec.cars.modifications (Car Modifications) (uk.rec.cars.modifications)

Lol, oh the fun of weird car ownership.

Old November 1st 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
NeedforSwede2

Default Lol, oh the fun of weird car ownership.

As the regs will know, the fuel gauge sender packed up about 3 weeks
after I got the Saab.

And Saab don't do one, but Euro carparts list one, never seem to stock
one, but want 60 for one if they can get them in.
Local scrappy had a Saab in, but wouldn't hook up a battery to operate
the central locking for the boot, didn't know where the key was, and
wouldn't bust the boot open, so they lost 20.

Arranged with a guy from Rhyll to meet him halfway at Deeside college
today, and pickup a spare from him, on his way to work, for 10, worth
the risk I thought.

Got it home, stripped out the boot, got the top of the old one out, but
the tube/wires/sender for the rest of it is hidden in the tank.

Fuel was almost right upto the top of the sender hole, even though I've
done 150 mixed miles since last fill up. Fitted new sender, plugged in,
started car, fuel gauge needle goes up. Woohoo, keeps going up, goes
right past the top of full, when I should have used 1/4-1/3 of a tank.

Bum, wonder if being transported on it's side in my glove box, it has
jammed at the top, and being bounced arround vertically it will drop
loose. Don't want to shake it about unsupported as the inside of the
flat tube is quite delicate, as I found out trying to repair my old one.
--
Carl Robson
Car PC Build starts again. http://smallr.com/rz