uk.rec.cars.modifications (Car Modifications) (uk.rec.cars.modifications)

Muscle cars

Old September 10th 05, 02:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
REMUS

Default Muscle cars

A friends dad is in the market for a muscle car. Basically he isn't to
worried about image, what he wants is a good upgrade path, readily available
spares.

Not sure on the budget because I think he wants a project... he mentioned
the figure 5000, less is better but more won't be much of a problem I
think.

Old September 10th 05, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Abo

http://tinyurl.com/99bre
http://tinyurl.com/a7cjm
http://tinyurl.com/de5y5

--
www.pickuptruckracing.com - UK's closest race series
Spotter for the PWR truck #9

Old September 10th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Lordy.UK

http://tinyurl.com/de5y5

Hmm, he's also selling a Red Letter Day pack.
Haven't they gone under ?

--
Lordy.UK
Old September 10th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
REMUS wrote:
A friends dad is in the market for a muscle car. Basically he isn't to
worried about image, what he wants is a good upgrade path, readily
available spares.

Not sure on the budget because I think he wants a project... he
mentioned the figure 5000, less is better but more won't be much of a
problem I think.

You'd get a decent SD1 Vitesse for that. Pretty fast already, and you can
get a lot more power easily. Pretty well all mechanical, electrical and
body parts are no problem to get new or secondhand. Good interior trim may
be. Classic insurance also readily available.

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old September 10th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Conor

In article , REMUS says...
A friends dad is in the market for a muscle car. Basically he isn't to
worried about image, what he wants is a good upgrade path, readily available
spares.

Not sure on the budget because I think he wants a project... he mentioned
the figure 5000, less is better but more won't be much of a problem I
think.

Ford Capri 2.8i Special - the British Muscle Car.

Decent examples around 2-3k. Ones that need a little bodywork
(usually front wings) for about 800-1000. Don't waste money on a
"Brooklands" as they're just a Special with BRG paint and a black
leather interior but cost around 3k for a shed and stupid money for a
minter.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.
Old September 10th 05, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Conor wrote:
Ford Capri 2.8i Special - the British Muscle Car.

You need 8 cylinders for a muscle car. ;-)

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Old September 10th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Burgerman

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , REMUS says...
A friends dad is in the market for a muscle car. Basically he isn't to
worried about image, what he wants is a good upgrade path, readily
available
spares.

Not sure on the budget because I think he wants a project... he mentioned
the figure 5000, less is better but more won't be much of a problem I
think.

Ford Capri 2.8i Special - the British Muscle Car.

Decent examples around 2-3k. Ones that need a little bodywork
(usually front wings) for about 800-1000. Don't waste money on a
"Brooklands" as they're just a Special with BRG paint and a black
leather interior but cost around 3k for a shed and stupid money for a
minter.

Loads less than 200 hp, and only 6 cylinders a "muscle" car????!!

Old September 10th 05, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Fraser Johnston

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

You'd get a decent SD1 Vitesse for that. Pretty fast already, and you can
get a lot more power easily. Pretty well all mechanical, electrical and
body parts are no problem to get new or secondhand. Good interior trim may
be. Classic insurance also readily available.

Not really a muscle car though. Think of less comfort and more brutality.
Speaking of which we got an offer on our apartment today so my Charger
dreams are slowly becoming reality. I imagine it's about 8 weeks away.
I've already got four litres of GMH flat black paint ready in the garage.

Fraser

Old September 10th 05, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Fraser Johnston

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , REMUS says...
A friends dad is in the market for a muscle car. Basically he isn't to
worried about image, what he wants is a good upgrade path, readily
available
spares.

Not sure on the budget because I think he wants a project... he mentioned
the figure 5000, less is better but more won't be much of a problem I
think.

Ford Capri 2.8i Special - the British Muscle Car.

Decent examples around 2-3k. Ones that need a little bodywork
(usually front wings) for about 800-1000. Don't waste money on a
"Brooklands" as they're just a Special with BRG paint and a black
leather interior but cost around 3k for a shed and stupid money for a
minter.

You guys have some funny ideas about muscle cars. Here's a short list:-
PlymouthBarracuda
Pontiac GTO
Dodge Charger
GT Falcon
Holden HK Monaro
Ford Shelby Mustang
Covertte

All of the above made between '65 and '72.

Fraser

Old September 10th 05, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Fraser Johnston

Conor wrote:
Ford Capri 2.8i Special - the British Muscle Car.

You need 8 cylinders for a muscle car. ;-)

Ahhh. Sanity prevails.

Fraser