uk.rec.cars.modifications (Car Modifications) (uk.rec.cars.modifications)

1st pull in Locost

Old August 13th 05, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Tony Bond \(UncleFista\)

Default 1st pull in Locost

Was pulled a week or so ago, local plod in a panda.
Said I'd gone through a red light (not impossible, I suppose, but it'd be
the first in almost 20 years of driving) oh, and doing 70 in a 30...

Anyway, they let me off with both and gave me a producer for insurance and
MOT
Turns out one of 'ems always wanted to build a car and was more interested
in that than actually screwing me over, cool

One sticky part was when he asked me why I didn't have a front number plate,
so I told him vehicles under 650Kgs don't need one. He said "well I can tell
you've researched it" hehehe, don't think I'd have got away with it if it'd
been trafpol tho'

--

Tony Bond / UncleFista

www.bradford7.co.uk

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Old August 13th 05, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Tony Bond \(UncleFista\)

"Vamp" wrote in message
.. .
is that true they don't need one? lol

nope

lucky *******! wish i got away with mine

Over the years Vamp, I've had some motoring "meetings" with the police, and
it seems to me that the younger you are the more they feel the need to
impose their authority.

Not much help in your current predicament, but it gets better ;(

Old August 13th 05, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
DervMan

"Tony Bond (UncleFista)" wrote in message
.. .

"Vamp" wrote in message
.. .
is that true they don't need one? lol

nope

lucky *******! wish i got away with mine

Over the years Vamp, I've had some motoring "meetings" with the police,
and it seems to me that the younger you are the more they feel the need to
impose their authority.

Not much help in your current predicament, but it gets better ;(

I'd agree with that, having been at the other side. There's a sweet spot,
probably in the forty to sixty age.

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Old August 13th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Stuart Gray

"DervMan" wrote in message

I'd agree with that, having been at the other side. There's a sweet spot,
probably in the forty to sixty age.

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

I used to get pulled at least twice a week when I drove a 13:1 compression
TrailBlazer special, with a straight through pipe, entirely legal back then,
wearing a sheepskin rug over my leathers (the Hagar the Horrible look). I
used to save up the producers and take them in at the expiry date of the
first one. Record was 5 producers in the 14 days. I then complained to the
Chief Constable, and had a year of bliss when I then sold the bike. Now I am
40+ and riding a safe 305 Kawi and a diesel car I am invisible.

Old August 14th 05, 02:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Ronny

"Stuart Gray" [email protected] wrote in message

"DervMan" wrote in message

I'd agree with that, having been at the other side. There's a sweet
spot, probably in the forty to sixty age.

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

I used to get pulled at least twice a week when I drove a 13:1 compression
TrailBlazer special, with a straight through pipe, entirely legal back
then, wearing a sheepskin rug over my leathers (the Hagar the Horrible
look). I used to save up the producers and take them in at the expiry date
of the first one. Record was 5 producers in the 14 days. I then complained
to the Chief Constable, and had a year of bliss when I then sold the bike.
Now I am 40+ and riding a safe 305 Kawi and a diesel car I am invisible.

That's what I like about owning an Audi, you never ever get pulled, when I
owned sporty cars I was forever getting producers, now it's been 5 years
since I had one.

I was out new years eve once and I was driving along the motorway for the
normal sat night donner run and it was snowing, I seen some lights behind me
and it was about 3am so I slowed a little and the car behind followed me off
the motorway, I got to the slip road and noticed another cop car waiting at
the end of the motorway, and I though ello this is weird. so I had 2 police
cars behind me, I then done the normal thing you would do in a 60mph limit,
I floored it, and they kept up, one then over took and they box's me in lol,
pulled me over and gave me a lecture on why they pulled me, asked me where I
was going etc, I asked the reason for being pulled over, and they said "
well this time of night you would have appreciated it if your car was
pinched and we pulled it over" I just chuckled with them and they let me on
my way.

Since then, not a sausage, police don't even look at Audi's

Old August 14th 05, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Depresion

"Vamp" wrote in message
.. .

"Tony Bond (UncleFista)" wrote in message
Was pulled a week or so ago, local plod in a panda.
Said I'd gone through a red light (not impossible, I suppose, but it'd be the
first in almost 20 years of driving) oh, and doing 70 in a 30...

Anyway, they let me off with both and gave me a producer for insurance and
MOT
Turns out one of 'ems always wanted to build a car and was more interested in
that than actually screwing me over, cool

One sticky part was when he asked me why I didn't have a front number plate,
so I told him vehicles under 650Kgs don't need one. He said "well I can tell
you've researched it" hehehe, don't think I'd have got away with it if it'd
been trafpol tho'

is that true they don't need one? lol

Motorbikes and trikes (all are built after 2003 are now classed as 3 wheeled
bikes rather than those under IIRC 450kg) where the design of the vehicle
prohibits the fitting of a front plate don't need one but 4 wheelers do.

Old August 23rd 05, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Nom

Ronny wrote:
That's what I like about owning an Audi, you never ever get pulled,
when I owned sporty cars I was forever getting producers, now it's
been 5 years since I had one.

Producers for doing what ?
I've never been stopped by the Police in my life, except the two times I got
caught flouting the traffic regulations, so they could each issue me my 3
points (once for speeding, once for overtaking on double-white-lines).