uk.rec.cars.modifications (Car Modifications) (uk.rec.cars.modifications)

bit quick for a Calibra

Old July 13th 05, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Default bit quick for a Calibra

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/street...05/Default.asp

Bit quick for anything atcually.
--
Carl Robson
Car PC Build starts again. http://smallr.com/rz
Old July 13th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Theo

Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:
http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/street...05/Default.asp

Bit quick for anything atcually.

i got the hot rod mag with this on the front cover, its been around for
yonks and has been the fastest thing, for yonks...

horribly ugly.. why pick a calibra i dont know.
Old July 13th 05, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Fraser Johnston

"Theo" wrote in message
. uk...
Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:
http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/street...05/Default.asp

Bit quick for anything atcually.

i got the hot rod mag with this on the front cover, its been around for
yonks and has been the fastest thing, for yonks...

horribly ugly.. why pick a calibra i dont know.

Because it has a drag coefficent of .26. The lowest of any car made when it
was first produced. Good thing in a drag car.

Fraser

Old July 13th 05, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
REMUS

I think this hunk of **** is the lowest now at .25

http://www.insightcentral.net/encyclopedia/enaero.html

Old July 13th 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
REMUS

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/street...05/Default.asp

Bit quick for anything atcually.

HAHA up yours disbelievers!

Vauxhalls rule!

All your base are belong to us!

Old July 13th 05, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
-=Vehiculo Longo=-

REMUS wrote:
http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/street...05/Default.asp

Bit quick for anything atcually.

HAHA up yours disbelievers!

Vauxhalls rule!

All your base are belong to us!

Heheh

--
The 'poster' formerly lurking as [-=Dan=-]

Old July 13th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Peter Hill

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:00:54 +0800, "Fraser Johnston"
wrote:

"Theo" wrote in message
.uk...
Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:
http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/street...05/Default.asp

Bit quick for anything atcually.

i got the hot rod mag with this on the front cover, its been around for
yonks and has been the fastest thing, for yonks...

horribly ugly.. why pick a calibra i dont know.

Because it has a drag coefficent of .26. The lowest of any car made when it
was first produced. Good thing in a drag car.

Oh FFS, not again. Must be the 4th time I've seen that silly Cd
claimed for ALL Cali's on UK rec cars groups.

8V
http://opel.globalcar.com/datasheet/...alibra2.0i.htm
16V
http://opel.globalcar.com/datasheet/...bra2.0i16v.htm

Only the 8V one claimed that low 0,26 drag coefficient. All the
others 16v, V6, 4x4 and turbo are Cd 0.29, which is still good but not
as good as the figure that everyone claims for them by misquoting the
Cd of the 8V one. How many people quoting this figure wouldn't even
look at the 8V one? Gotta be a turbo, 4x4 or V6 or maybe at a push
16v. The 8V? Never but down the pub and on the internet it's "Yeah,
my Cali turbo/4x4/V6/16V has a Cd of 0.26 don't you know?". I don't
know why 8V's Cd is lower, maybe it only has 1/2 a radiator and so has
much lower engine bay loses. If the 8V model doesn't have 1/2 a
cooling system, then it's very suspicious as there is naff all other
difference to account for the sudden loss of claimed Cd on the other
models. Did they stick a spoiler on them that lost 10% Cd? Or did
they just measure the drag on a real car, calculate it's Cd correctly
and were unable to withdraw the 8V's claim?

The touring car had a Cd of anything between 0.33 and 0.43 by the time
they had stuck a wing and some more vents on it.
http://www.neilthompson.co.uk/iec5qz...0Touring%20Car
That drag race car won't be any better and with the massively inset
wheels probably much worse. Ok admittedly starting off at 0.3 and
winding up at 0.5 is better than starting at 0.34 and winding up at
0.54. But I know of car with comparable 0.3 Cd, slightly smaller
frontal area so it's CdA is lower and wouldn't have to mess with new
front subframes, engine and gearbox mounts would be easy as it's a
proper FR to start off. Would deliver the goods for 1/2 the cost.

Old July 14th 05, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Chet

Peter Hill wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:00:54 +0800, "Fraser Johnston"
wrote:

"Theo" wrote in message
. uk...
Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:
[...]

One reason they claimed was the use of narrower tyres on the 8v, i can't for
the life of me remember what else was said but i think there was something
about the front splitter
--
Chet
www.retro-renault.com