uk.rec.cars.modifications (Car Modifications) (uk.rec.cars.modifications)

Clutch fried.....

Old October 13th 03, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
SteveH

Default Clutch fried.....

You may remembering me asking about the clutch on my 75 a few weeks
back.

It's currently in with my 'tame' mechanic for a service, and he's
diagnosed that the clutch is fsked. As I thought.

Anyway, it's only 100 for a quality replacement, and, at his rates,
probably about 50 to fit.

Also on the list was a camchain tension, transmission oil change and a
service. All done and the car declared 'a very tidy example'.

So, should see change from 250 all-in. Bargain.

Can't pick her up 'till tomorrow, though :-(

http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800
VW Golf GL Cabrio (carb broken) - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 33 1.7ie
Old October 13th 03, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Pete M

SteveH waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...
You may remembering me asking about the clutch on my 75 a few weeks
back.

It's currently in with my 'tame' mechanic for a service, and he's
diagnosed that the clutch is fsked. As I thought.

Anyway, it's only 100 for a quality replacement, and, at his rates,
probably about 50 to fit.

Fookinell, take it he's either Italian, mental, or hasn't been shopping
since 1957.. They're a bitch to do aren't they? Sounds like a bargain deal
though!

Also on the list was a camchain tension, transmission oil change and a
service. All done and the car declared 'a very tidy example'.

So, should see change from 250 all-in. Bargain.

Can't pick her up 'till tomorrow, though :-(

and that's if all goes well.. I'm still gutted I couldn't get the wedge /
time / travelling together for the Timo 75, ah well.

--
Pete M.

Golf Gti (For Sale) Sierra 2.8i project (in progress)
Liverpool, Great Britain.

"you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"

Old October 13th 03, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
SteveH

Pete M wrote:

SteveH waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...
You may remembering me asking about the clutch on my 75 a few weeks
back.

It's currently in with my 'tame' mechanic for a service, and he's
diagnosed that the clutch is fsked. As I thought.

Anyway, it's only 100 for a quality replacement, and, at his rates,
probably about 50 to fit.

Fookinell, take it he's either Italian, mental, or hasn't been shopping
since 1957.. They're a bitch to do aren't they? Sounds like a bargain deal
though!

Nah, they're not all that hard to do, and 50 is 2 hours labour....
(plus VAT, of course).

It does help that he used to own an Alfetta GTV6, though ;-)

(it's the V6 clutch that's a bit of a pain, ISTR, certainly in terms of
parts prices)

Also on the list was a camchain tension, transmission oil change and a
service. All done and the car declared 'a very tidy example'.

So, should see change from 250 all-in. Bargain.

Can't pick her up 'till tomorrow, though :-(

and that's if all goes well.. I'm still gutted I couldn't get the wedge /
time / travelling together for the Timo 75, ah well.

Heh... it will go well. He knows what he's doing and can't see any
problems doing it. Helps that he is enthusiastic about working on Alfas,
too.

Was a shame about Timo's - looked like it was well worth buying.
Old October 14th 03, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Dan405

You may remembering me asking about the clutch on my 75 a few weeks
back.

It's currently in with my 'tame' mechanic for a service, and he's
diagnosed that the clutch is fsked. As I thought.

Anyway, it's only 100 for a quality replacement, and, at his rates,
probably about 50 to fit.

Also on the list was a camchain tension, transmission oil change and a
service. All done and the car declared 'a very tidy example'.

So, should see change from 250 all-in. Bargain.

Can't pick her up 'till tomorrow, though :-(

--

My 10 year old, 92k miles, french car (405 1.6i) had its MOT yesterday -
failed on one point - handbrake cable Dunno why that could be

--
Dan

Old October 15th 03, 02:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Dan405

"SteveH" wrote in message
. ..

snip something related to cars

On an UTTERLEY unrelated topic, i just read most of the Making a Will thread
in UKRM That was a biblical smackdown Managed to find it on google
once NTL returned to me.

God i'm bored....

--
Dan