uk.rec.cars.modifications (Car Modifications) (uk.rec.cars.modifications)

DO NOT USE BUDGET INSURANCE

Old August 29th 03, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.modifications
Cheater2k

Default DO NOT USE BUDGET INSURANCE

Its too fecking expensive anyway.

--

Kind Regards
Cheater

**************************************
)
(ICQ#: 21743180)
Hi,

I feel I must let you all know about the nightmare I have just had dealing
with Budget Insurance.

Appologies in advance if any of you feel this is O.T.

I insured my Frontera back in the end of March 03, right from the go I

knew
things were not going to be easy. Every piece of documentation such as
whereabouts of NCD's, previous insurers etc all had to be sent 2 or 3

times
as, a week or two after sending out the first copies I would receive a
reminder, telling me that I HAD NOT sent these docs, and doing so would
invalid my insurance etc. In the end I would phone through such
details...no mean task for me as I suffer from a pretty bad stammer!

This settled down after the initial complicated month, until I had an LPG
conversion carried out. I duly notified BUDGET (as is my duty) and
explained that, as I would have to send a copy of the conversion
certificate, I was worried about it getting lost in whatever black hole
existed in their internal post system. The Lady assured me that she would
personally take care of it, and indeed she rang me back on several

occasions
to assure me that things were OK, the conversion had been included in my
cover and at no extra cost. Everything was Tickity-Boo........until this
week.

I received a curt letter, informing me that I had not returned my

insurance
certificate (?) and that withholding it was a criminal offence (??)

I duly rang Budget, who informed me that my insurance is cancelled, and

has
been for the last 2 months (???) I received no indication of this,

despite
them insisting that they sent me warning letters. Nor indeed have I
received a refund of 8(ish) months premium. In fact Budget have put me in
the position where I may have been driving illegally through no fault of

my
own. Very nice when you consider that I regularly tow the club boat

around
West Wales...could have been very embarrassing, not to mention expensive.

The upshot is, Budget are refusing to accept that they have received my

LPG
certificate, despite my instance that someone in their organisation (the
only person, incidentally, who gave me helpful and professional
service...surely she must have moved on by now?) actually confirmed that

she
had received the document from me on the telephone. Of course I could

not
quote her name today as I am not in the habit of keeping names for months

on
end, I leave that to the stalkers. Which leaves me where?

No insurance, out of pocket after whatever fees they deem fit to remove

from
my refund and pretty ****ed of that they did not have the decency to
apologise for what is obviously an error on their behalf...I mean,

honestly,
why would I not bother sending them a Certificate for a conversion that I
spent over a grand for, and after notifying them about the work in the

first
place? Makes no sense.

I shall send every Manager of each department in Budget Insurance a

similar
letter of complaint, hopefully it will generate some discussion and help
resolve whatever breakdown in comunication they are having.

Until this happens I urge you to take my advice...STEER CLEAR OF BUDGET
INSURANCE!

Best Regards
Neil Jones