uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

Towcar

Old October 24th 18, 06:00 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
Jim K[_2_]

Default Towcar

Chris J Dixon Wrote in message:
Jim K wrote:

Is that 1200kgs before you load it up with crockery, ornaments,
lucky heather, cases of cheap lager, extra awnings, petrol, gas
canisters, clothes, assorted folky dolky essentials?

Sorry, just trying to give the key figure used for the
recommended 85% of kerb weight calculation.

The caravan MTPLM is 1200 kg

Chris

Relax you missed/snipped the wink.. ;-)
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old October 24th 18, 06:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc
Jim K[_2_]

Chris J Dixon Wrote in message:
Muddymike wrote:

Stick with the one you know and buy another Mondeo. They are very
reliable these days but if it does go wrong parts are cheaper than for
the Superb.

I spent a lot of time looking at specs and reviews (1) of
suggestions here (for which many thanks) and elsewhere, and
finally actually kicked a few tyres. I have to say that the
Mondeo is still looking good, though I have yet to have a test
drive of the new dual-clutch "auto" box.

The Skoda interested me, and does look a mice motor, but having
had a heated screen for some time now I wouldn't want to be
without. I might have a problem finding a Skoda for which the
option had been specified. Vast though the boot is, the front
passenger seat doesn't appear to fold, so the occasional long
load would probably not fit.

Can you not just wind the backrest back (or press the switch if
leccy!) to flatten the front seat?
How often would this really be a major inconvenience?
The superb estate is massive!?

73 superb estates on auto trader currently have "windscreen" as a
key word. First half dozen I've checked have heated
windscreens...

Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/