uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

Focus driver window switch

Old October 6th 05, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
[email protected]

Default Focus driver window switch

The driver-side window on my 2003 Focus 1.6 Zetec doesn't wind down any
more when the electric switch is pressed. In case it's a simple blown
fuse, can anyone say where the fuses are located?
Any other possibilities?
If possible, I'd like to avoid paying Reg Vardy's extortionate hourly
labour rate and duff service.

Old October 6th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
zkat

Hi Chris

It's a 5-door model, but only the two front windows are electrically
operable. I guess that means fuse 56 as per your other post?

TIA.

Old October 6th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
Chris Street

On 6 Oct 2005 11:27:45 -0700, zkat wrote:

Hi Chris

It's a 5-door model, but only the two front windows are electrically
operable. I guess that means fuse 56 as per your other post?

TIA.

If the other window is operable then no as they share a fuse.

It's either the switch or motor on the drivers side - if the lights flicker
when you try the switch then the motor is jammed, otherwise there is a poor
contact somehwere. Check that the wiring conduit near the door hinges isn't
damaged.
Old October 8th 05, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
zkat

Right, that narrows it down a bit. The passenger window works fine,
it's just the driver-side that is dead. Pain when you get to a parking
barrier. :-(

I'll have a look at the wiring and see where I get.

Cheers!