uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

What is the real law on driving with mobiles? - repost

Old April 30th 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.legal
JC

Default What is the real law on driving with mobiles? - repost

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:40:44 +0100, Klank wrote:

There seems to be a lot of different interpretations of what is in
the new law to do with using a mobile when driving.

What is really the situation?

Can I use my mobile with a 'personal hands-free' device to talk
while I am driving?

Yes

Am I allowed to hold my phone while talking (and driving)?

No
Am I allowed to hold my phone while dialling (and driving)?

No

I've got a link to the actual legislation somewhere, but the rule of thumb
is that you can not hold the phone in your hand...at all! It must be
mounted on a fixed holder..even sitting on the passenger seat or your lap
is technically a nick if you are seen dialling.

--

Regards

John [Harold Hill, Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply