uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

Schadenfreunde: Best Example Of A Posh Motor Wrecked

Old April 2nd 04, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Tricky Dicky

Default Schadenfreunde: Best Example Of A Posh Motor Wrecked

I know it's nasty and unfair but I did have to smile at the bloke who parked
his SL outside my local pub with hood down during a sunny day only for there
to be one of those unexplained torrential downpours.

Must have been half inch of water in the footwells

Tricky

Old April 3rd 04, 07:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
huLLy

news

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

Old April 3rd 04, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Doki

Tricky Dicky wrote:
I know it's nasty and unfair but I did have to smile at the bloke who
parked his SL outside my local pub with hood down during a sunny day
only for there to be one of those unexplained torrential downpours.

Must have been half inch of water in the footwells

Wonder how long it'll be before they link the automatic wiper system to the
hood so that it goes up as soon as it starts raining, or have they already
done it?

Old April 3rd 04, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Tim S Kemp

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
news
I know it's nasty and unfair but I did have to smile at the bloke who

parked
his SL outside my local pub with hood down during a sunny day only for

there
to be one of those unexplained torrential downpours.

Must have been half inch of water in the footwells

Tricky

Hmm - SL, so at least a grand/month repayments, grand/month depreciation,200
quid/mth fuel, massive other bills. Couple of grand having it dried out and
valeted won't be missed.

Old April 3rd 04, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
AstraVanMan

I know it's nasty and unfair but I did have to smile at the bloke who
parked
his SL outside my local pub with hood down during a sunny day only for

there
to be one of those unexplained torrential downpours.

Must have been half inch of water in the footwells

I remember reading about a bloke who had a business lunch at a pub in Odiham
(Hampshire) that backed onto the Basingstoke Canal, and a few minutes before
was to leave he went out to his Audi TT to start it up and let the air-con
run for a few minutes to get the car nice and cool inside. Unfortunately
he'd left it parked in gear (I'm guessing handbrake off as well) and it shot
into the Basingstoke canal, completely submerging half of the car, including
most of the engine. "Insurers think the vehicle will be a write-off".

Peter

Old April 3rd 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Mike G

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
news
I know it's nasty and unfair but I did have to smile at the

bloke who parked
his SL outside my local pub with hood down during a sunny day

only for there
to be one of those unexplained torrential downpours.

Reminds me of a similar story I was told, when a mate was on a
camp site near the french south coast.
A neighbours children were playing with the electric windows and
s/s roof in their fathers car. Suddenly there was virtually a
tropical rainstorm. A fairly common occurence in the area
apparently, due to the local topography.
Unfortunately on this occasion the kids had just blown the fuses
with the windows and roof wide open!
Mike.

Old April 3rd 04, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Toby Groves

In article , AstraVanMan
writes
I remember reading about a bloke who had a business lunch at a pub in Odiham
(Hampshire) that backed onto the Basingstoke Canal, and a few minutes before
was to leave he went out to his Audi TT to start it up and let the air-con
run for a few minutes to get the car nice and cool inside. Unfortunately
he'd left it parked in gear (I'm guessing handbrake off as well) and it shot
into the Basingstoke canal, completely submerging half of the car, including
most of the engine. "Insurers think the vehicle will be a write-off".

Heh, shades of Risky Business.

"Ok, who's the U-Boat commander?"
--
Toby
Old April 3rd 04, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Toby Groves

In article , Mike G
writes

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
news
I know it's nasty and unfair but I did have to smile at the

bloke who parked
his SL outside my local pub with hood down during a sunny day

only for there
to be one of those unexplained torrential downpours.

Reminds me of a similar story I was told, when a mate was on a
camp site near the french south coast.
A neighbours children were playing with the electric windows and
s/s roof in their fathers car. Suddenly there was virtually a
tropical rainstorm. A fairly common occurence in the area
apparently, due to the local topography.
Unfortunately on this occasion the kids had just blown the fuses
with the windows and roof wide open!
Mike.

Had something similar in my parents old Sierra years ago.

Going to airport with mother to collect father and had window down a
bit. Was getting a bit cold so decided to put it back up - wouldn't
budge. Tried going down a bit more, fine, but still wouldn't go back
up.

Bear in mind I was quite young at the time, so I spent the next few
seconds observing how it would go down but not up, to the inevitable
point where it was all the way down.

Then it started raining

The switch block, with all four switches on it, was mounted in the
centre console just aft of the gear stick. I ended up yanking the whole
block out and wiggling the dodgy connector on the back as I held the
button, slowly inching the window back up as it made contact.
--
Toby
Old April 3rd 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Tricky Dicky

"Tim S Kemp" wrote in message

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
news
I know it's nasty and unfair but I did have to smile at the bloke who

parked
his SL outside my local pub with hood down during a sunny day only for

there
to be one of those unexplained torrential downpours.

Must have been half inch of water in the footwells

Tricky

Hmm - SL, so at least a grand/month repayments, grand/month

depreciation,200
quid/mth fuel, massive other bills. Couple of grand having it dried out

and
valeted won't be missed.

I was thinking more about all that H2O getting into the bluetooth, sat nav
etc.

Tricky