uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

AA or RAC inspection

Old January 30th 04, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Clarence Kay

Default AA or RAC inspection

Planning on buying a second hand car and putting it through an inspection.
How do I go about it? What are the costs?
A friend of mine told me that AA inspections are better than RAC. Is this
true?

Thks

Old January 30th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Alan Finch

Just had an AA inspection down, cost about 130.00.

Very good and thorough, picked up on even the smallest faults.

Old January 30th 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Steve Knight

Very good and thorough, picked up on even the smallest faults.

What about the big ones it missed?

In my experience (from the motor trade perspective) they are very variable
in quality. Also, they usually have a long lead time and the car you want
may not still be around by the time the AA can attend.

--
Remove Xs to reply direct

Old January 31st 04, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Alan Finch

I didnt really notice that, I ordered my inspection on Sat and it was done
on Tuesday.

It did pick up big stuff, but at the end of the day Im not too knowledgeable
with the inner workings of cars so I don't really know.

Ive not used the RAC but I expect they're just as good.

Old January 31st 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Clarence Kay

I didnt really notice that, I ordered my inspection on Sat and it was done
on Tuesday.

How did you work it out yourself? Did you see the car first and then called
the AA?

Old January 31st 04, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
[email protected]

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:14:38 -0000, "Clarence Kay"
wrote:

I didnt really notice that, I ordered my inspection on Sat and it was done
on Tuesday.

How did you work it out yourself? Did you see the car first and then called
the AA?

Cheaper if you are a member for a start. Had them inspect a car my
cousin wanted to buy.
Told the garage he wanted it inspected, they said ok, rang the AA gave
them all the details and the inspector rang my cousin with the brief
results and posted him the detailed sheet etc after the inspection.

Mark S.