uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

Anyone got a Mazda2 Diesel ?

Old December 29th 03, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Tron[ADS]

Default Anyone got a Mazda2 Diesel ?

Im looking for another Mazda 2 Deisel owner, as Ive just taken delivery of
mine and noticed that I dont have the glow plug light on the dashboard, yet
its there in black and white in the manual.....Ive not discussed it with the
dealer yet (and dont know if I will bother), but Im interested to know if
they are all the same, or if they just screwed up on mine.

Old December 29th 03, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc

"Tron[ADS]" wrote in message
Im looking for another Mazda 2 Deisel owner, as Ive just taken delivery of
mine and noticed that I dont have the glow plug light on the dashboard,

yet
its there in black and white in the manual.....Ive not discussed it with

the
dealer yet (and dont know if I will bother), but Im interested to know if
they are all the same, or if they just screwed up on mine.

Without a doubt you will have a direct injection probably common rail PSA
1.4 type engine in it??

You will have a glow plug light, but you wont see it working until the temp
drops alot lower yet- modern TDCI's dont need much glowing and then only at
very low temperatures. As an example the 2litre HDI unit doesnt fire up its
glow plugs until -6 degrees C and colder.

Tim..

Old December 29th 03, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Tron[ADS]

You will have a glow plug light, but you wont see it working until the

temp
drops alot lower yet- modern TDCI's dont need much glowing and then only

at
very low temperatures. As an example the 2litre HDI unit doesnt fire up

its
glow plugs until -6 degrees C and colder.

Tim..

no, where the light should be is completely black...not like theres a light
there thats not coming on...

Old December 29th 03, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
DervMan

"Tron[ADS]" wrote in message

You will have a glow plug light, but you wont see it working until the

temp
drops alot lower yet- modern TDCI's dont need much glowing and then only

at
very low temperatures. As an example the 2litre HDI unit doesnt fire up

its
glow plugs until -6 degrees C and colder.

Tim..

no, where the light should be is completely black...not like theres a

light
there thats not coming on...

Perhaps it's only there for other (colder) markets? Are the glow plugs
automatically engaged when you open the drivers' door, for example?

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Old December 29th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Carl Farrington

DervMan wrote:
"Tron[ADS]" wrote in message

You will have a glow plug light, but you wont see it working until
the temp drops alot lower yet- modern TDCI's dont need much glowing
and then only at very low temperatures. As an example the 2litre
HDI unit doesnt fire up its glow plugs until -6 degrees C and
colder.

Tim..

no, where the light should be is completely black...not like theres
a light there thats not coming on...

Perhaps it's only there for other (colder) markets? Are the glow
plugs automatically engaged when you open the drivers' door, for
example?

That would be a rather good idea.. if it was well thought out (e.g they
didn't do it if you'd just turned off the engine.. but I guess they wouldn't
need to anyway even if you were to fire the engine back up right away, would
they?)

Old December 29th 03, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
DervMan

"Carl Farrington" wrote in message
DervMan wrote:
"Tron[ADS]" wrote in message

[...]

Aye - a thermostat would do that!

I recall that Golf TDIs to this, and most Mercs too, heh.

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Old December 29th 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Tron[ADS]

no, where the light should be is completely black...not like theres
a light there thats not coming on...

Perhaps it's only there for other (colder) markets? Are the glow
plugs automatically engaged when you open the drivers' door, for
example?

It doesnt say anything about it being regional in the manual, and gives
caution not to start the engine until they have heated. I guess Im best off
asking the dealer when it goes back for the rear speakers that were missing.

Old December 30th 03, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Carl Farrington

Tron[ADS] wrote:
no, where the light should be is completely black...not like
theres a light there thats not coming on...

Perhaps it's only there for other (colder) markets? Are the glow
plugs automatically engaged when you open the drivers' door, for
example?

It doesnt say anything about it being regional in the manual, and
gives caution not to start the engine until they have heated. I guess
Im best off asking the dealer when it goes back for the rear speakers
that were missing.

yep I'd say so. Missing rear speakers? that sounds bad! Unless the spec
sheet was wrong..

Old December 30th 03, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Tron[ADS]

yep I'd say so. Missing rear speakers? that sounds bad! Unless the spec
sheet was wrong..

Well, basic set comes with tape+radio+front speakers.
I upgraded to CD option, and asked specifically if that meant it upgraded it
to the same spec as the next trim level up, ie rear speakers, and was told
yes.
It seems that it doesnt, but given they said it did, they are putting some
in for me....wont be costing them much I would reckon, and its pretty likely
the wiring will be there.
Aoart from taht, ive no complaints, and I love the new ASM semi-auto
gearbox...Its the future...like Garlic Bread.