uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

Bouncing CDs

Old October 18th 03, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
v155

Default Bouncing CDs

Hello,

My nephew had his Fiesta lowered and his CDs now jump! The car handles well
on a smooth road, but gives the feeling of bouncing up and down on anything
else.

Is there a shock absorbered mounting of any kind available for the radio?

Thanks.

Old October 18th 03, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Budgie

"v155" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| My nephew had his Fiesta lowered and his CDs now jump! The car handles
well
| on a smooth road, but gives the feeling of bouncing up and down on
anything
| else.
|
| Is there a shock absorbered mounting of any kind available for the radio?

Yes. It's called normal suspension.

Budgie

---

Old October 18th 03, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Sparky

"Budgie" wrote in message
"v155" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| My nephew had his Fiesta lowered and his CDs now jump! The car handles
well
| on a smooth road, but gives the feeling of bouncing up and down on
anything
| else.
|
| Is there a shock absorbered mounting of any kind available for the

radio?

Yes. It's called normal suspension.

Budgie

Yes but how would be able to hurtle round corners with normal suspension..
and having to slow down for roundabouts? Tut tut.

)

--
Sparky

Old October 18th 03, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Doki

Sparky wrote in message
"Budgie" wrote in message
"v155" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| My nephew had his Fiesta lowered and his CDs now jump! The car

handles
well
| on a smooth road, but gives the feeling of bouncing up and down on
anything
| else.
|
| Is there a shock absorbered mounting of any kind available for the

radio?

Yes. It's called normal suspension.

Budgie

Yes but how would be able to hurtle round corners with normal suspension..
and having to slow down for roundabouts? Tut tut.

)

Doesn't very firm suspension give that lovely sudden loss of grip rather
than a slow breakaway?

Old October 18th 03, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Peter Hill

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:32:21 +0100, "v155" wrote:

Hello,

My nephew had his Fiesta lowered and his CDs now jump! The car handles well
on a smooth road, but gives the feeling of bouncing up and down on anything
else.

Is there a shock absorbered mounting of any kind available for the radio?

Thanks.

He needs to spend about 1000-1500 on dampers that match the springs
he has had fitted.

Or get a new radio with separate CD changer. Put that in a foam
filled box in the boot. Or put the mounting plates on small rubber
mounts - like Mini exhaust rubber mounts only 6mm dia x 15mm long,
about 3mm threads.

--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header
Old October 18th 03, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Doki

"Peter Hill" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:32:21 +0100, "v155" wrote:

Hello,

My nephew had his Fiesta lowered and his CDs now jump! The car handles

well
on a smooth road, but gives the feeling of bouncing up and down on

anything
else.

Is there a shock absorbered mounting of any kind available for the radio?

Thanks.

He needs to spend about 1000-1500 on dampers that match the springs
he has had fitted.

How much? The Ford lowering kit for the Ka with bilstein dampers only costs
400 or so. I imagine the Fiesta one is very similar as they're both on the
same floorpan.

Old October 18th 03, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Budgie

"Doki" wrote in message

| How much? The Ford lowering kit for the Ka with bilstein dampers only
costs
| 400 or so. I imagine the Fiesta one is very similar as they're both on
the
| same floorpan.

I wonder what vintage this competitor in next year's Touring Car
Championship is? I bet it's got a stick on body kit and dark-glass rear
lights as well.

Bring back the days of chequered chrome tape - or am I getting too old for
this?

Budgie

---

Old October 19th 03, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
v155

You obviously didn't read ther question - go and take another look or get
someone else to read it to you.

Old October 19th 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
v155

Hi Peter,

No he doesn't, they are made by the same company and do match!

Old October 19th 03, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
v155

Hi Budgie,

You should calm down, if your hand slips off you will get a black eye!
I think everyone knows what you're like anyway.