uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

Engine Size Trivia

Old August 17th 03, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Tim S Kemp

Default Engine Size Trivia

Doesn't the S40 T4 have a 1.9 litre engine, too?

Phase 1 were a 1.9 Turbo motor. Phase II was a newer design (derived IIRC
from the 5 cyl) 2.0 Turbo

Old August 17th 03, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
DervMan

"Tim S Kemp" wrote in message
. ..

Doesn't the S40 T4 have a 1.9 litre engine, too?

Phase 1 were a 1.9 Turbo motor. Phase II was a newer design (derived IIRC
from the 5 cyl) 2.0 Turbo

Wow, it's scary how useless trivia like that stayed in my mind, and I was
thinking I was wrong . . . evidently not!

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

Old August 18th 03, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
James

The Phase 2 T4 was the capacity (1948 cc) as the NA 2 litre and low pressure
turbo 2 litre.

Supposedly these were in the same series as the "modular" 5 cylinder engines
in the 850/S70/S60 and the "modular" 6 cylinder units in the S80/S90 etc
--
James