uk.rec.cars.misc (General Car Discussions) (uk.rec.cars.misc)

Adaptive Cruise control

Old July 31st 03, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
news.demon.co.uk

Default Adaptive Cruise control

"Oliver Keating" wrote in message
For me this is going to be the next "killer feature" of a car, the last

one
being air conditioning.

Imagine sitting in traffic and not having to bother with accellerator and
brake

So far though only three cars offer it as an option: Mercedes E-Class,
S-Class, and Nissan Primera - are there any other manufactureres/models
which are offering it/going to offer it soon?

BMW's forthcoming 5-Series offers this as an option and I believe the
much-disliked 7-series also does. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before
your average Mondeo/Vectra has this as an option.

--
Sparky

Old July 31st 03, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc
Doki

news.demon.co.uk wrote in message
"Oliver Keating" wrote in message
For me this is going to be the next "killer feature" of a car, the last

one
being air conditioning.

Imagine sitting in traffic and not having to bother with accellerator

and
brake

So far though only three cars offer it as an option: Mercedes E-Class,
S-Class, and Nissan Primera - are there any other manufactureres/models
which are offering it/going to offer it soon?

BMW's forthcoming 5-Series offers this as an option and I believe the
much-disliked 7-series also does. I'm sure it's only a matter of time

before
your average Mondeo/Vectra has this as an option.

I only know one person with a new 7 series. He spends all day washing it and
hoovering his lawn.