uk.rec.cars.maintenance (Car Maintenance) (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)

Unlikely Car on its roof

« Old rear light ID | - »

Old October 24th 18, 05:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Tim+[_4_]

Default Unlikely Car on its roof

johannes Wrote in message:
On 06/07/2018 07:43, Tim+ wrote:
johannes wrote:
On 03/07/2018 17:53, newshound wrote:
On 08/05/2018 18:42, Andrew wrote:
On 08/05/2018 10:14, MrCheerful wrote:
small bunch of hooligans can easily roll a small car over.

No need for a bunch of them if it is a Reliant 3-wheeler.

Regularly used to lift the inside wheel of one on a sharp bend at the
end of my road. I used to ride combinations as well as solos so I was
fairly used to the sensation on left-handers.

---

A car which tows a load heavier than the car.
Instability sets in, maybe a gust of wind.
Instability amplifies and there is only one result: On the roof.

Not in my experience. Not that uncommon to see caravans on their sides but
the towing vehicle seems to stay upright. It did for us. ;-)

Tim

go to about 2:00 in here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmdUxFEIes
Not my cam btw, just found it on youtube. The slow build up is just eerie.

But you said "only one result" which just ain't true.

Tim
Old October 24th 18, 05:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Tim+[_4_]

johannes Wrote in message:
On 07/07/2018 08:54, Tim+ wrote:
johannes Wrote in message:
On 06/07/2018 07:43, Tim+ wrote:
johannes wrote:
[...]

Rhetoric licence! But there are surprisingly many cases when good modern
cars end up on the roof when least expected.

Indeed. I dare say one factor in our favour when we turned a
caravan over was that the hitch was a pressed steel Alko one
rather than a cast iron or forged one. It distorted enough to
allow the van to detach.

Tim