uk.rec.cars.maintenance (Car Maintenance) (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)

Ignition timing marks on Daihatsu Hijet

Old May 9th 07, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance
seabreeze

Default Ignition timing marks on Daihatsu Hijet

Can anyone help me with identifying the marks for checking ignition
timing on a 1997 Hijet? The vehicle appears to 'pink' slightly at
times. According to a sticker on the passenger door the setting should
be (+/- 2) 5deg BTDC.

Old May 9th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance
MrCheerful

"seabreeze" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone help me with identifying the marks for checking ignition
timing on a 1997 Hijet? The vehicle appears to 'pink' slightly at
times. According to a sticker on the passenger door the setting should
be (+/- 2) 5deg BTDC.

back of the engine on the left, from above (1.0 litre)

have you tried decent fuel in it?

Mrcheerful

Old May 18th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance
seabreeze

On 9 May, 10:57, "MrCheerful" wrote:
"seabreeze" wrote in message

At the back of the engine on the left is where the distributor is, but
I can't see any timing marks anywhere. It can be adjusted as there is
a clamp bolt on the distributor itself. I called a local daihatsu
garage and spoke to the mechanic who didn't really know. He thought it
might need to be connected up to a computer possibly. I would have
thought there would be a way to check it manually?

ups.com...

Old May 18th 07, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance
MrCheerful

ups.com...
"seabreeze" wrote in message

At the back of the engine on the left is where the distributor is, but
I can't see any timing marks anywhere. It can be adjusted as there is
a clamp bolt on the distributor itself. I called a local daihatsu
garage and spoke to the mechanic who didn't really know. He thought it
might need to be connected up to a computer possibly. I would have
thought there would be a way to check it manually?

ups.com...

Can anyone help me with identifying the marks for checking ignition
timing on a 1997 Hijet? The vehicle appears to 'pink' slightly at
times. According to a sticker on the passenger door the setting should
be (+/- 2) 5deg BTDC.

back of the engine on the left, from above (1.0 litre)

have you tried decent fuel in it?

Mrcheerful

the marks are on the edge of the flywheel, there would usually be a rubber
plug or somesuch covering an inspection hole.